“Challenges are what make life Interesting. Overcoming them is what makes it meaningful”
Ready to step out of your comfort zone, and into a world of health and abundance? This 21-day challenge will test your character and will create a change in your life. It will challenge the mental, physical, emotional and spiritual side of you so get ready!
One Small Step Per Day To Success
You’re much stronger than you may think you are, and if you stick with me through the 21-day wellness challenge you’ll truly have a head start against your mild to severe anxiety levels.
(This 21-day wellness challenge was put together for you, the anxious minded individual. If you feel that some of the challenges are a little too far outside your comfort area, do your best to complete the challenge at a pace that’s right for you. By incorporating these small changes into your daily life for the next 21 days, you’re going to prove to yourself that you truly are much stronger than you currently think. Let’s get to the first day’s challenge!
Challenge #1) Water Up!
Your rituals define you as a person. Remember that certain challenges such as today’s Water Up challenge should not only be done today, but be applied to your daily life for greatest benefits. The Anxiety Guy VIP membership access is about forward thinking, not only is it for the deeply sensitized person who is suffering from higher levels of panic and anxiety, but everybody will be able to unlock their true potential through challenge such as these.
Challenge: Consume eight glasses of purified water throughout the day.
Don’t forget to post any questions, comments and success stories on the Facebook Page so that we can grow a community of inspired individuals.
– Make sure to keep a journal on your great progress throughout the 21-day wellness challenge.
Challenge #2) A New Day, a New Workout
As we are just getting underway in the 21-day wellness challenge, today is an extremely flexible day for you. Today it’s your chance to try something new.
Challenge: Partake in an exercise routine that is brand new to you. This could be anything from a new class at your gym to a power walk outside.
– Sign up for something new such as a yoga class, pilates, tai chi, kick boxing or even a step up class.
– Check YouTube to find a new video that will get a light sweat going.
– The choice is yours, just make sure it’s a minimum of 30 minutes in length. That way you’ll get plenty out of challenge #2.
Today’s challenge is all about replacing your favorite snack in the whole wide world, with a healthier option.
Challenge: replace your favorite snack with a healthier options today.
– Replace salted potato chips with salted seaweed strips, chocolate bars with dark chocolate pieces. This challenge takes some research and some thinking, but you may just get attached to your new snack alternative
Challenge #4) Belly Breathing and Meditation Session
Today you have the opportunity to give yourself the gift of peace. For most of the people on this site who are going through a tough time with anxiety and panic attacks, this may be quite a challenge. But you have to start somewhere right?
Challenge: Follow THIS meditation/relaxation session by one of our professional support team… Marie Gardiner.
– If this challenge was difficult for you don’t be too hard on yourself, the practice of calming your mind and simply breathing can be difficult for most
– I challenge you to get better at this meditation session daily
Challenge #5) The Fine Art of Gratitude
Gratitude is your secret weapon against pessimism and negativity. Today’s challenge is all about being conscious of what you have, not what you don’t have.
Challenge: Take 5 minutes today solely to focus on what you are grateful for in your life. Maybe a significant other that has been caring for you lately, a pet, a place you can call home, anything.
– When we get so caught in the cycle of wanting, we forget about the great things we actually have around us such as a roof over our head, our family, our health and so on
– Practicing regular gratitude will open doors in your life that you never knew existed
Challenge #6) A Herbal Solution
Herbs are an amazing alternative for almost any mental and physical condition in the world. Today your challenge involves trying a brand new herb in tea form. When I lived in the eastern part of the world herbs were a daily addition to most meals and teas, and truly gave others the calm and peace they deserved.
Challenge: Visit your local organic food store, vitamin store, farmers market or tea store and try a new herbal blended tea you’ve never tried before. You just might fall in love!
– Take your time, sip slowly, and enjoy….
Today’s challenge has to do with getting to bed at the right time. The goal is to get a full 9-hour restful sleep, so this will take a little planning on your part.
Challenge: Plan your evening around getting a 9 hour restful sleep. No excuses, just do it.
– With all the things we have to get done in a day, your mind and body crave sleep more than ever.
– Don’t forget to share your progress on The Anxiety Guy Facebook Page!
Challenge #8) Live, Love, and most definitely Laugh!
Did you know that after my 6-year struggle with anxiety disorders, I literally had to re-teach myself how to laugh again? Today’s challenge has to do with finding laughter again in your life.
Challenge: Through whatever means you may choose, put yourself in a place where you’ll be able to bring together the feelings of joy and laughter again. This could be going to a comedy club, watching ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway’ on a YouTube video, seeing an episode of Mr. Bean, anything to bring up a snicker or two.
Key Notes: Each and every day you should put a bare minimum of 30 minutes aside to laugh. That laughter may come from a favorite movie with your favorite comedic actor; it may come from visiting a stand-up comedy show, it can come from anywhere. Plan this time to give back to yourself, see you in tomorrow’s challenge!
Challenge #9) Create Your Vision Board
A vision board can truly bring out some amazingly powerful emotions within you. Simply by having your vision board up on a wall somewhere, trains your subconscious mind to attract what it is you truly desire. This desire doesn’t have to be some kind of physical desire either; it can be something as simple as a joyful family photo.
Challenge: Purchase, a small board from any local store, get a few magazines together and begin cutting out photos of your greatest desires and placing them strategically around the board. The photos don’t have to be materialistic things; they can be people laughing and having a good time, anything you want.
– A great way to get ideas for your vision board is to simply write down what it is you truly desire in your life. The first time I was introduced to the idea of a vision board was through the movie The Secret, and it has changed my life forever and will do the same for you.
One of my personal favorite things to do is to get my juicer out, and come up with different varieties of fruits and vegetables to create my masterpiece with. If you don’t have a juicer your local juicing shop or organic market is a great secondary choice for today’s challenge.
Challenge: Come up with your very own tasty mix of fruits and vegetables, and juice them together in a large cup of your choice.
– Nothing else gives you the ability to pack so many minerals and nutrients into one small cup like juicing does. Work towards incorporating a glass a day into your everyday life and remember, no excuses!
Challenge #11) Date Night!
It’s time to separate the inspiring from the dull batch of friends or close relationships you have, and take that person out for a great date night. Make sure this person is someone who is generally positive, happy, open-minded, and simply has a great energy about them.
Challenge: call up a friend and ask them to meet you for an evening at the local tea house, an appetizer, anything that will get you out of your comfort zone and into the energy of building up your relationships further.
– This particular challenge will take some thinking and planning. If you can’t think of anyone in your life that fits, try to find a family member that would like to spend a few hours of their time with you
– Don’t forget to share your experiences with this challenge on The Anxiety Guy Facebook Page
Challenge #12) It’s All About You
Today is your day, literally! Think of something that truly makes you feel happy and gives you peace of mind, and do it. Book that massage you always wanted, buy those pair of shoes you dreamed of, give acupuncture a chance if you’ve been thinking about it recently. Today the idea is to release the guilt of doing something great for yourself, and simply doing it.
Challenge: Come up with a few choices, and decide on one thing that will truly pamper you in some way. This could be as simple as a bath, or as complex as a meal on top of a ski tower, the choice is yours.
– Sometimes in life we get so caught up in pleasing others, getting a job done, etc. that we forget about our own needs. Giving yourself this gift today will let your mind know that it is actually ok to treat yourself from time to time
Today’s challenge is about getting physical and changing your more comfortable ways (within reason of course). Today instead of taking the elevator, you take the stairs, instead of taking the car to the corner store you take the bike. Change it up and keep the momentum going because today’s challenge is a physical one.
Challenge: Step out of your daily routine today and mix it up. Don’t worry about what others may think of you, just turn your whole routine around in every way today.
– Let’s take Nike’s slogan of ‘just do it’ and well… Just do it! No excuses for today’s challenge.
Challenge #14) Get Your lemon On
The benefits of lemon water are endless. From curing the common cold, to reducing pain and inflammation. Lemon water is truly a power food. Today’s challenge is to be conscious of the times you drink water during the day and to make sure that water has lemon sprinkled in it. No water without lemon on this day, so do what you have to do to get today’s challenge done! Let’s get to the video…
Challenge: If you don’t already have a few lemons in your fridge, swing by the local grocery store and pick a few up. Don’t forget a disposable knife and a water bottle!
– Best thing to do for today’s challenge is to make sure you have a water bottle with you throughout the day. Also make sure that you can easily put your lemon in that water, so there is quite a gap at the top. Then all you need is a lemon and a small knife in a container, and you’re set!
Challenge #15) It’s Supplement Time!
It’s time to add a natural new supplement to your arsenal. For example, magnesium works amazingly well for low to moderate anxiety; Gingko Biloba is proven to help with memory. Today is the day we contribute to our clean eating habits with the power of supplementing.
Challenge: Find one supplement to experiment with, and begin using it today. If you’re confused on what to try, simply get to know your supplements better by asking questions to your local supplement expert at the store!
– Got a question about supplements? Contact me!
Challenge #16) Yogatastic!
Never tried yoga? A yoga expert? It doesn’t matter. Today we take time to heal ourselves emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually. Dedicating just 20 minutes of your time to yoga today just might get you to fall in love with this practice.
Challenge: Challenge yourself by joining a yoga practice today. Either at home through videos on YouTube, maybe an app on your phone or better yet call a yoga studio and drop in.
– Remember not to force the stretches. This time is for you and your personal peace that you crave. So it should be relaxing, and should get you wanting more in the future.
No longer will you be kept in a cycle of fear due to some lingering fear you have. Today is the day you look fear straight in the eyes, and release the tension and stress it has caused you in your life by facing it.
Challenge: Take one small step in the direction of a fear that is currently limiting some aspect of your life. This could be anything from asking your boss for a raise to driving around your block, or even asking that special someone out on a date.
– Fears and phobias can leave us limited in many ways, here are a few success stories of how some inspirational people faced their fears and were able to defy them. I’m sure these stories will show you that it really is, all in your head and can turn a monster into a fly with the right kind of support and tools.
Challenge #18) Your Brand New Amazing Hobby
Through my story of dealing with anxiety disorders as a pro athlete, I remember my mentor back then giving me a very important message. That message was to apply the power of distraction to curb panic and anxiety. So I took up photography and to this day long after my days of constant health anxiety, I still have a huge passion for photography. Now it’s your turn to think of a hobby to try, and maybe even love.
Challenge: Think outside the box, is there something you think you might have a passion for, but never got around to trying it? A good friend of mine turned the idea of using Lego as an art piece around his house. He’s been in love with his Lego hobby ever since. Brainstorm a few ideas, and try something new today.
– Whether it’s photography, a certain sport, collecting, everyone on this planet needs a hobby. Something that jolts them out of bed in the morning, and makes life that much more interesting and fun.
Challenge #19) A Full Day of REAL Food
If you already eat clean and reap the daily benefits in your daily life, great job. If you feel, you may need a little nudge in the right direction here it is. Today’s challenge is to go an entire day only consuming nutrient dense foods. This means no processed foods, plenty of water and loading up on things like grains, vegetables, some fruit and smart fats.
Challenge: The word of the day today is discipline. Focus on consuming ONLY nutrient and mineral dense foods all day, drink plenty of water with it and keep far, far away from those unhealthy foods you may be craving from time to time. Remember, you are more powerful than you think!
– In the day-to-day grind called life many people find themselves ‘grabbing and going.’ Which means no nutritional valued foods and lots of things we shouldn’t be putting in our bodies. Don’t let this be you, start today to become more conscious of what you put in your body.
Challenge #20) Turning Focus to Breathing
Stress can cause us actually to forget to breathe as we go through our days. Not only can this non-breathing habit cause extreme fatigue mentally, but it puts your body in a state of constant battle.
Challenge: Become conscious of your breathing today, of course, this could be challenging during times you are busier. But you have a boat load of other instances where you can focus in on a four-second breath in, and four-second breath out routine. Do it as much as you can for as long as you can today.
– If you experience constant panic attacks, the fact that you don’t take the time during the day to breathe properly isn’t helping. This conscious breathing habit is an amazing routine to build up, so whenever you can take some time to let go and breathe deeply.
Have you ever heard the quote ‘giving is receiving?’ Sometimes we can get caught up in our own lives so much, that we forget the joys we get from simply opening the door for someone else, giving some great advice to a child, or even giving the poor a little of what they need. Today’s challenge will fill you with a sense of accomplishment.
Challenge: Find a way to give back today not once, but throughout the entire day. Whether that means letting someone in front of you while driving, opening the door for someone, paying for the person behind you in a drive through, anything. Just be conscious of this habit of giving back today, and begin feeling great about yourself.
– Remember; no one can say things the way you do, or do things the way you do. If you feel like you can’t make a difference in the world, think again. Let’s consciously focus on giving back to the world today and reap the emotional rewards that come with this action
Starting and completing the 21 day wellness challenge will not only lessen your anxiety levels, it will fill you with confidence and momentum. With confidence comes great change in all aspects of a person’s life. But to truly create a positive shift in your life, and end the struggle with an anxiety disorder naturally, I encourage you to become a VIP member through The Anxiety Guy Wellness Academy. A fantastic community of people improving their overall levels of health daily.
Looking forward to meeting you, and helping you live a free and fulfilling life.