“CBD Oil Can Potentially Be A Powerful Sidekick To CBT And NLP Practices For Anxiety.”
CBD oil or CBD is a short form for a type of cannabinoid compound naturally occurring in cannabis plants. A large percentage of CBD products like CBD oil, currently available in the market are taken from hemp. As industrial hemp is legal in all the states, it is safe and legal to use CBD oil extracted from hemp in all states.
CBD is currently being used in lotions to relax muscles, in oral drops for a calming effect, and in concentrated tablets for the alleviation of unbalanced nerves. CBD oil has been effective in treating varied health problems, but its effect differs from one sufferer to another. Pain, anxiety, seizures, arthritis, and inflammation are some of the most common ailments that CBD is known to have helped ease. Tests are currently ongoing with regards to its healing capacity in terms of chronic illnesses like PTSD, epilepsy, Parkinson’s endometriosis, multiple sclerosis, and fibromyalgia, etc.
The mechanisms of CBD
The endocannabinoid system is responsible for ensuring that CBD’s healing effect occurs. This system is a component of the neurotransmitter system which is responsible for efficient working and communication between the nerves in the body. Thus, the endocannabinoid system works towards ensuring that the brain cells function correctly; this system gets activated by CBD oil.
Beware, to think CBD oil for your anxiety can shift the perceptions over the past emotional traumas that have caused your anxiety in the first place, may be a tricky mindset to take. Instead, see it as a supporter to a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy program for anxiety.
The endocannabinoid system has a vital role in regulation of mood, memory, brain reward systems, energy balance, and drug addiction.
Since it has a role in the regulation of just about everything, including the levels of dopamine, when it does not function, just about nothing functions properly. People who exercise regularly and are healthy, but still feel tired and fatigued may have deficiency in endocannabinoid. CBD oil helps improve the cannabinoids naturally occurring in the human body, thereby helping enhance mood and the general feeling of goodness.
The two most common ways in which CBD is taken by sufferers is in the form of capsules and oil tinctures. It can be vaped as oil or smoked when present as a bud. There are chocolates, candies, coffee-beans, and gummies that are infused with CBD. When infused with coffee beans, CBD helps ease the jitters triggered by caffeine and also improves focus. Topical CBD products are also quite popular. There are balms lotions, and bath bombs that bring about anti-inflammatory actions as well as relax aching muscles.
CBD oil products are available as isolate and full spectrum. The latter indicates that all of the compounds, like CBD, get simultaneously taken out, while the former means only CBD is extracted from the plant. The full spectrum CBD oil products are more in demand due to the ‘entourage effect’ that it delivers. Unlike isolated components which offer targeted treatment, entourage effect of full spectrum CBD oil products provide a full impact and create a more balanced and overall soothing effect.
Some of the uses of CBD oil are listed below:
- Suppression of seizures: The FDA approved drug Epidiolex which has CBD oil is used for treatment of childhood epilepsy. Studies showed that there was more than 50 percent reduction in seizures after participants began taking the drug. Previously, the participants had no success with regards to seizures alleviation with the use of other epilepsy drugs.
- Anti-depression and anti-anxiety properties: CBD oil has a natural effect on the endocannabinoid system which helps boost receptor flow and function, thereby overcoming the effects of depression and anxiety. I’ve personally never used CBD oil for my anxiety, but my mom has and has reported great results for her sensitized nerves in the past.
- Pain decreasing and anti-inflammatory qualities: Inflammatory conditions can be debilitating and inflict extreme inflammation. Studies have shown that CBD oil can stop the advancement of inflammatory diseases like arthritis without causing any marijuana-like effects. The auto-immune and inflammatory reactions in varied diseases like Alzheimer’s diabetes, and prostate cancer are stimulated by IL-6. The secretion of IL-6 can be decreased and its effects suppressed by the use of CBD oil. This is what helps ease pain and return functionality to the affected regions.
- Better appetite in people with illnesses: Most ill people tend to suffer from lack of appetite as a side effect. Ailments, medicines, and the mental toll taken by varied illnesses can adversely impact the endocannabinoid system and decrease appetite or desire to eat. CBD oil has been known over centuries to increase the desire in people to eat and maintain a healthy body. We all know that good nourishment goes a long way in helping fight diseases and promote faster recovery.
- Anti-psychotic properties: Different studies had shown that CBD was able to overcome psychotic effects triggered by THC (a cannabinoid) abuse. This result helped doctors understand that CBD oil can be used therapeutically for alleviation of different types of psychosis such as schizophrenia, etc. It may be noted that most of drugs used for treating schizophrenia have severe side effects, whereas CBD oil has been found to have minimal side effects.
- Other benefits of CBD oil: CBD oil is known to fight neurodegenerative conditions, slow down aging of the brain, promote brain activity, and has anti-cancer and antibacterial properties.
So is CBD oil for your anxiety worth trying? Absolutely. But before you do make sure to do your own research and consult your doctor for any concerns over side effects when used in connection with medication.