“It’s Not All In The Genes As Many Believed Back In The Day. We Now Have A Great Opportunity To Avoid Passing Anxiety Onto Our Children.”
Every anxiety riddled parent has wondered whether they’ll pass their anxious tendencies onto their child, and also how to AVOID passing anxiety onto the child. A few decades ago professionals believed that anxious patterns shown by a child was due to the genes solely, and there wasn’t much to do about it. Through many studies recently we now know this to be false, and that we can effect positive mental and emotional development through a few repeated practices daily.
To Avoid Passing Anxiety Onto Your Child, A Child Must Start Learning How To Take Control Of Their Own Mind
It’s unfortunate though that in todays world it’s easier to give a child an iPad for gameplay, rather than spending time teaching them about their own minds. But the parent can’t teach a child how to become a great life problem solver if they aren’t practicing these teachings themselves. This is why everything comes right back to the parent. In time the child teaches the parent and the parent teaches the child, and there’s no better approach then for anxiety then CBT to make this happen.
Let’s also understand that a certain amount of emotional ups and downs is a part of every child’s life. The problem becomes when a parent tries to control each and every step a child takes and sees mistakes and challenges as bad things. The truth is that they’re learning opportunities, and the child must get into this mindset so that you as a parent avoid passing anxiety onto your child.
In today’s anxiety guy podcast episode we’ll be diving into:
- What childhood emotional traumas are and how to view them
- How to begin teaching a child how to think in order for them to solve their own inner challenges
- The importance of this one nutritional need so that you avoid passing anxiety onto your child
Thanks for Downloading Warrior!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one
- Leave a note in the comment section below
- Subscribe to the best anxiety support channel on YouTube